Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike update

Hello all...
I would have posted sooner but we had a brief power outage and my wireless went out for a bit.

Well, we are feeling it now.. We have the outer bands over us right now and are having 46 mph winds. They are supposed to reach 87 mph for our area.

There have been fires in Galveston, the island and bay area are flooded, and the piers are gone. They just had a live report from Galveston and it is soo bad there. The seawall is 17'-18' and right now that water level is over the seawall. The storm is actually ripping the asphalt off of Seawall Blvd. The eye is still about 40 miles offshore.

There are nearly 500,000 residents without power. They expect that number to reach 5.2 million. As I type this, we just had 3 power surges but fortunately that came back on as quickly as they went off.

At this point, I'm not sure if I will be able to make another post or not. I am praying that our power hangs on. If so, I will be back in a couple of hours with another update.

Thank you all for the caring kind messages. Bless you all!

Huggs,
Tonya

5 comments:

  1. Been thinking about ya!! hope all is ok in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in my prayers.
    Hope to hear you are alright.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check in as soon as you can. We're praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought I'd check on ya.
    Hope everything is ok!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been praying for you and the other families that have been affected by the horrible weather! I even followed it on the news while I was in Paris.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... I love reading your comments! xoxo